Hello Ramblers! It’s that time of year again!… Finals week. That one week of the semester that you have been dreading for the past three months. So, how do you get through it? Here are some tips to help you get through the last couple weeks of the semester.
1. Don’t cram- Believe it or not, cramming for an exam is not the best way to study. Don’t wait until the night before your exam to study an entire semester’s worth of information. Be sure to space out your studies and create a timeline for yourself of when and what you’ll study. You’ll be happy you did.
2. Talk with your professors- Stop by your professors’ offices hours if you are having trouble or have any questions about what is going to be on the final. Taking that extra step to sit down one-on-one can really make a difference in your study methods and in your relationship with your professors.
3. Get off Facebook- While studying, make sure to disconnect from social media and your phone. Your friends can wait an hour or two for you to look over your notes. Be sure to turn off your electronics at night, too. This will help you sleep better during the stressful week.
4. Stay Healthy- Even though you probably won’t have time to work out and keep to your normal routine, make sure to keep yourself healthy during finals week. Drink water, get fresh air and try to eat healthy. At the very least, staying healthy during this week will keep you energized for all of your studying and test taking.
5. Take Breaks- Studying for 12 hours can be strenuous. Make sure to take breaks every hour of so, even if it is only for 10 minutes. Step away from all of your books, get some fresh air or just stretch. Resting your brain a bit will allow it to retain all the information you just reviewed.
6. Relax- Take a deep breath and relax! You have studied hard and you have done your best to prepare. You can rest assure that finals will soon be over and you can take a well deserved break.
Now sharpen your pencils and aces those finals!!! Good Luck Ramblers!!
Click HERE to read more about how you can prepare for finals!